What Tai Chi & Qigong Can Do For You
With In-person & Online Tai Chi Globe Classes
Why Learn Tai Chi & Qigong?
At any age and almost any level of health, you may learn and enjoy the powerful benefits of tai chi and qigong. These ancient exercises can be performed standing or seated, alone or in groups, without any equipment or need for much space.
- Arthritis: positive benefits within a month or two of practising
- Increased energy, stamina, strength, bone health, relaxation, concentration, flexibility, ability to multitask, overall mood and quality of life.
- Reduced falls
- Reduced stress, anxiety and depression
- Help improve balance and stability, including those with Parkinson's disease
- Lower risk for developing dementia or Alzheimer's disease
- Reduce pain from knee osteoarthritis and improve health-related quality of life
- Improved quality of life in people with heart disease, cancer, mesothelioma and other chronic illnesses.
- Improve blood glucose levels and improved control of type 2 diabetes and immune system response
- Ease fibromyalgia pain and better general quality of life
- Tai chi/Qigong are perfect activities for the rest of your life.
What is Tai Chi & Qigong?
Science now recognises everything is energy. When energy is low or blocked within us internally, this leads to disease.
In China, powerful energy cultivation exercises (Qigong) and martial arts (Tai Chi) developed over thousands of years, inspired through the observation of nature. Both have positive benefits for our health and wellbeing. Thankfully, Cheng Man Ch'ing (The Professor) begun sharing these arts with the western world in 1964. An impressive, growing body of scientific research and personal testimonies around the world now help us to understand the importance these ancient arts can have for us all.
NHS Networks state, tai chi and qigong "...are now being revealed as a major part of the solution to some of our most dangerous diseases – heart disease, diabetes and obesity, cancer, stroke, asthma and chronic lung disorders."
"The residents and I found Lee very polite, considerate and patient with everyone he met. The class was delivered to a high standard, with Lee demonstrating his knowledge and skills. The residents found the session very relaxing, stimulating and a nice start to the morning. Everyone is looking forward to Lee to come again."
Lead Activities Coordinator - Avondale Care Home - Aylesbury
Why Choose Tai Chi Globe?
We care about sharing the benefits of Tai Chi & Qigong, making them accessible and fun to learn. We provide a relaxed and friendly environment while maintaining a professional standard of teaching. To ensure the highest standard, our instructor Lee Welch is:
- A Tai Chi and Qigong practitioner since 2015, trained by a number of Tai Chi and Qigong Masters
- Certified as an instructor of the British Health Qigong Association
- Certified as an instructor of the Dr Paul Lam's Tai Chi for Health Institute
- DBS Certified
- Trained in first aid
"Give it a go. There's nothing to lose and a lot to gain. Tai Chi offers something for everyone and Lee is a great teacher."
Margaret Thomas - Aylesbury
Already a member? Click here to Log in.